My Photo
Name:
Location: Saxeville, Wisconsin, Douglasville, Georgia, United States

I was born a tinker, and I've finally found a place where it fits in. Give me a problem, and I'll find a solution to it!

05 October 2006

Tinkering With the Past

In an attempt to re-open our lines of communication (due to the recent hacking of the e-tinsnips site), I thought I'd try this forum. I hope that the tinners and coppersmiths that were registered previously will find this and join in. The only request that I have is that you identify yourself in the comments section if posting under the "anonymous" title. That way you don't have to sign up just to add your comments.

I'm still looking forward to getting our first edition of the new publication out this month!
Max

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Max. I will try to get some copies of the tinsnips and other things this week, now that were back from england. We had a great time, got to go into a Tin mine. Also saw about 10-12 English swedges, but alas, none for sale all in Museums.Oh JIm, you will have to just write to have fun,
Bill

5:27 PM  
Blogger The Tinker said...

Bill, was the tin mine a working mine or a historic site? I'd be interested in what you saw there, and how it compares to the descriptions of the early mines. Thanks for the package. I look forward to the resource material.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:27 PM  
Blogger The Tinker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home