My Photo
Name:
Location: Saxeville, Wisconsin, Douglasville, Georgia, United States

I was born a tinker, and I've finally found a place where it fits in. Give me a problem, and I'll find a solution to it!

26 February 2009

Coffee Roaster

There are two great original coffee bean roasters in the Great Kitchen at Grand Portage National Monument. They provided the basis for a roaster that I just completed. After trying a few different materials for the construction, I finally settled on an unplated steel that should simulate the original sheet iron after it seasons. All of the connections are mechanical, flat seams or rivets, since it will be exposed to heat. The canister is 7 1/2 inches tall and 5 inches in diameter. The turning rod has a turned oak handle and is 4 feet in length. It will become part of the kit for the good Widow Black, who keeps the Slightly Obsessed blogspot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chole White said...

Max,

If you could but see my excitement at this moment. I'm so honored to able to use this piece in my coffeehouse demonstrations. Your research, time, skill & dedication to tinkering are amazing.

Thank you so much!

Chole

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home