My Photo
Name:
Location: Saxeville, Wisconsin, Douglasville, Georgia, United States

I was born a tinker, and I've finally found a place where it fits in. Give me a problem, and I'll find a solution to it!

07 September 2010

Our WWW -Wonderful Westville Weekend

Margaret and I spent Friday and Saturday at Historic Westville in Lumpkin, GA. They had a Homeschoolers' Day on Friday and a Family Day on Saturday.

Margaret spent her days in the kitchen of the log cabin homestead. It was really nice to use a full hearth and that gave her the chance to use the reflector oven and small bird roaster. She prepared some nice dishes and found a few ways to get some hands-on experience for the homeschoolers. They ground spices, made "pounded" biscuits, snapped beans, and let them compare raw and roasted coffee beans.








Meanwhile, I was in one of the shops up the road, set up as a tin shop. It was pleasant to have such a great building to use. The director decided that they will continue to use the building as a demonstration site in the future. It had been an office for the last few years.
All in all, it was a Wonderful Westville Weekend








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home