My Photo
Name:
Location: Saxeville, Wisconsin, Douglasville, Georgia, United States

I was born a tinker, and I've finally found a place where it fits in. Give me a problem, and I'll find a solution to it!

21 August 2012

Can It!


It seems that the latest batch of tinware has been all about cylinders and the use of the double seaming stake. I completed a dozen storage canisters for Grand Portage in July, as well as a tin kitchen that is basically a cylinder on its side. I also made a few wash basins and 2-sheet kettles, all using a double seaming stake. Unfortunately, I did not get that stake included in these pictures.



















The most challenging part of the canisters is matching the lid to the body. It needs to fit tightly, but not so snug that it can't be removed. I end up making each lid after the base is completed to insure a good fit. I was able to make some additional canisters, in a couple of different sizes, while I was at the Grand Portage Rendezvous in August.

My next project will be completing a chocolate pot or two. Autumn weather will be here soon, and hot cocoa seems like just the right beverage for the occasion.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home